Does Christmas stress you out?
Christmas can be one of the most stressful times of the year for many of us. In this blog post today, I will share my 10 Tips for Christmas Stress.
1. Set Yourself a Budget. It may seem like a great idea to put all your Christmas gifts on your credit card but please remember that the bill will always arrive in the New Year! Set a budget and make sure you stick to it. Don’t go into debt trying to please other people.
2. Don’t feel obliged – Many of us end up ending gifts and cards out of guilt. You really don’t have to send anything just because you feel obliged to. Give with love rather than obligation.
3. Get Into The Christmas Mood. – Get yourself in the mood for Christmas by playing a Christmas CDs, or go to Panto. Remember, Christmas is supposed to be fun but it’s easy to lose track of this when you are stressed about the shopping. Avoid Christmas stress by going for a walk and checking out the neighbours lights.
4. Take Some Time Out for You – Don’t feel you need to attend every single Christmas party or event. Make sure you have time to rest up and relax and be selective about what events you attend.
5. Don’t Forget to Breathe. – Stop for a few minutes and take a few deep breaths when you feel yourself getting stressed. Remember, you can choose to react well to stress.
6. Say ‘No. ‘ – You don’t need to say yes to every request made of you. Saying No is often needed in order to take care of your own wellbeing and happiness. Remember saying No to others is about saying Yes to yourself and it may be just what you need avoid Christmas stress.
7. Give up the need to be perfect – If things go wrong, then learn to laugh about it. Don’t sulk or get angry. Just let it go and focus on having fun.
8. Let everyone be themselves. – We are all unique and different so it is ok if your family all want to fall asleep after the Queen’s speech. Let everyone be themselves even if it doesn’t fit with what you want others to do.
9. Buy a gift for Charity. – Why not purchase a little extra for someone in need or drop a few pairs of socks down to your local homeless shelter?
10. Enjoy yourself. – Really, this is what it is all about so focus on having fun, relax and enjoy!
Who is Lisa Phillips?
Lisa works in the Peterborough, Oxfordshire, Leicestershire and Northamptonshire areas and offers online Life Coaching sessions worldwide. She also offers a wider range of Life Coaching masterclasses and online Life Coaching courses.
Why not contact Lisa today for a no-obligation chat?