In our busy lifestyles, we often spend more time focussing on our struggles than reasons to feel appreciation!
Whether you choose to write a few sentences in a journal, or simply take a moment to silently acknowledge all that you appreciate in your life, the act of appreciation is a life changing habit. Gratitude, or appreciation, is now scientifically proven to have a positive impact on your wellbeing. Recent studies on the brain have also shown that finding reasons to feel appreciation reduces depression, increases the immune system and improves sleep patterns.
Here are 5 reasons to feel appreciation:
- You get more of what you focus on. If you get into a regular habit and find reasons to feel appreciation daily, you will attract more of what you appreciate into your life. This is the Law of Attraction in play!
- Your mindset changes. In focussing on the good, rather than the bad, you will change your mindset to look at the positive in life , rather than the negative. This is particularly important in relationships where you can learn to look for the good in people around you and begin to notice how great they are. The more you focus on their good points, the more you will see these great points showing up in your life.
- Your Happiness will increase. Science shows that when we focus on what we appreciate and use positive words and statements , this is an instant mood booster. In addition, feeling appreciation helps us notice what is already good in our lives instead of what is bad. This also enables us to develop positive feelings about ourselves and our life. The world appreciation itself is also high vibrational – just feeling it will move you downstream!
- Relationships improve. When find reasons to show appreciation to other people your friendships and relationships improve. Showing appreciation and recognition to friends, partners, or family members also makes them feel good and makes the relationship stronger.
- Appreciation makes us more optimistic. Appreciation trains our mind to focus on the positives in life, rather than the negatives. This enables our thoughts to be more ‘ future focussed’ rather than focussing on the past. The more appreciation we show, the more positive we are about our future.
Northamptonshire Life Coach
Based in Corby, Northants, Lisa Phillips is an award winning Life Coach and Confidence expert. Lisa shares her expertise regularly in the media. She is also the author of ‘ The Confidence Coach’ book. Lisa works with people all over the world using Skype, Zoom and Online Coaching methodology.