5 Tips to help Anxietyamzcoaching
5 Tips to help Anxiety
Anxiety is on the increase. In this weeks blog, I will share my top 5 tips to help anxiety.
In this fast past world and where social media gives us the opportunity to become more connected, people are becoming less connected to their emotions, happiness and sense of self. As a result, more people are now suffering with low self confidence and anxiety – even from a very early age.
What is Anxiety?
It is an uncomfortable feeling in your body. It doesn’t feel good and it is an upstream emotion. It starts with a habit of thought in the mind and quickly transfers to the body. Our levels of anxiety and what personally causes us anxiety depends a lot upon our beliefs, self talk and fears for the future. Anxiety can also be a consistent emotion for may people and can effect how they live their daily lives. In the UK, more women are affected by anxiety than men, and the condition is more common in people from the ages of 35 to 59.
5 Tips to help Anxiety.
- In my UK Coaching practice, I assist a lot of people with uncomfortable emotions including anxiety. One of the first steps to healing anxiety is recognising that it is a condition within us – and we can empower ourselves to do something about it. Many of us blame our work, partner, money worries for our anxious feelings but we can’t just go around removing everything from our life that makes us anxious or avoid triggers forever. If we want to heal, we need to learn to deal with anxiety from the inside out.
- Healing anxiety is not about making yourself face your fears. Your fears are real for you and if you force yourself to do things that are really uncomfortable for you, you will more than likely increase your anxiety.
- Healing anxiety starts with learning to create safety in your own mind. Lots of anxious feelings come from a feeling that we are not safe, or the fear that something terrible may happen such as being laughed at, abandoned, penniless or alone.
- Many of our anxious feelings stem from childhood and the inner child within us all is still feeling each and every fear as if it is happening right in this moment. If you don’t heal the inner child first, he or she may always keep you ‘ stuck’ in a position where you want to heal your anxiety, but your inner child is too scared to move forward.
- Learning to soothe your emotions downstream is an easy and nourishing way to leave anxious emotions behind. Most of us were not taught how to soothe ourselves but with a little practice it can be done and huge relief can be found from anxiety.
Lisa Phillips is a motivational speaker, Life and Confidence Coach based in Northamptonshire UK. Lisa is also the author of The Confidence Coach Book and she appears regulary in the media sharing her expertise on areas such as confidence, self esteem and resilience. To work with Lisa, please see either www.amazingcoaching.co.uk or www.howtoempoweryourstaff.co.uk.