Your mental health is so important! Thankfully, there are a few simple things you can do to improve it. In this Amazing Coaching blog today, I will share with you my 5 tips to boost mental health.
Before I begin, It is important for me to be clear that I am not asking anyone to jump from depression into wellbeing. It is simply too much of a jump. Think about the last time you were feeling down or depressed – it is simply frustrating when someone tells you to be happy!
Moving from poor mental health into feeling good about yourself and life, is a process. In my work as an award winning Life Coach and Confidence Coach, I have worked with thousands of people and found the quickest way to boost mental health is by leaning gently towards wellbeing, using your thoughts and emotions to give you relief and ease.
5 tips to boost mental health.
- Recognise that you have a desire to feel better. You don’t need to know how it will happen but if you have a strong desire to improve your mental health, you are moving in the right direction while building positive momentum downstream.
- Stop Struggling. To boost your mental health, don’t force yourself to do things that don’t feel that good to you. If you do, the chances are they will send you upstream again and you will beat yourself up. Write a list of your own personal preferences and choose to do one of them a day.
- Remind yourself that this is your journey and your personal stream. Nobody but you really knows why you feel like you do ( you may not know either!). You will get more clarity as you feel a little better.
- Each day, build momentum on your desire to feel good. Find relief from negative emotions by using simple statements such as:
Wouldn’t it be nice if I felt a little better today?
Today I would like to believe it is possible for me to feel ok
I am really looking forward to gaining some relief from how I feel right now
- Do any activity that feels good to you. It could be walking, reading, knitting or sport. It’s important that it is something that will bring you even the slightest relief from negative emotions.
Northamptonshire Life Coaching
Northants based Life Coach and Confidence Coach Lisa Phillips is the founder of Amazing Coaching UK. She provides Life Coaching, Career Coaching, Interview Coaching and Career Coaching from her home in Northamptonshire or online via Skype / Zoom. Lisa has over 20 years experience and has won several international awards for her work as a Professional Life Coach.
Using leading edge techniques Lisa has worked with thousands of clients around the world. She is also the author of ‘ The Confidence Coach Book’
The award winning Confidence Coach is also a regular guest speaker at many large international conferences and events. She is also currently an Enrichment speaker for several cruise companies. Lisa also offers a wide range of wellness workshops.