Do you have friends who drag you down? The type of friends that suck all the energy out of you? Are your friends a positive influence on your life or are they a negative influence?
Good Friends will Support you
How do your friends react when you share with them the fact you have been promoted, got a new boyfriend or you have booked a holiday? Do they seem excited for you or do they rob you of your excitement? Are they jealous of your success or are they delighted for you?
Do they support you or do they drag you down?
Think about the key friends you have in your life. Now ask yourself the following questions:
- Do your friends ( and family!) increase your self belief and confidence or do they drag you down?
- What are your energy level like when you spend time with your friends? Do they leave your feeling great or do they suck all your energy leaving you feeling exhausted and depleted?
- If you have negative friends, how do they make you feel? Do you avoid their calls or make excuses not to spend tie with them?
Negative friends are often the people that drag you down with their constant moaning! They may never seem to change – always being a victim about their lives and blaming other people for their personal circumstances.
Be a Vibrational Snob and only hang out with People who make you feel good!
These negative friends will drain your energy and bring you down to their level, a million miles away from the level that YOU want to be operating on.
So what should you do to make sure that the people who you hang around with empower and support you?
Here are a few of my Top Tips for dealing with Negative Friends:
- You have the power to choose who you hang around with. Ideally you want happy, vibrant and positive people – people who see your magnificence! Care about you feel and prioritise your feelings.
- Let you friends know how you feel. If you have good friends who are negative and yet you still want to hang around them, make it a point of letting them know how you feel – if they are a true friend they will respect you for this. If they are negative from time to time just acknowledge that this is what they are like and block out the negativity. You can also try saying to them ‘ It seems like you have been feeling negative for a while now; perhaps you could do something to change this?’
- The same can be said with family. Your more mature family members have behaviours that have been conditioned for years and years and from different eras. Appreciate where they have come from and as in number 2 above, elicit and select the information that filters through to your brain.
- Put your hand over your solar plexus. I do this whenever I feel myself being dragged down by others. Turn your body away from them slightly and put my hand over my solar plexus. This stops you taking on the negativity.
Life Coach Northamptonshire
Formally based in Sydney, Australia, Lisa Phillips has over 20 years experience as a leading Life Coach and Confidence expert. Although based in Northamptonshire, Lisa works with clients all around Leicestershire, Peterborough, Rutland and the local area. She also provides online Life coaching to her clients around the world.
Lisa is a extremely popular guest speaker and she is currently the Confidence and Wellness expert on The Love Destination TV. The award winning Life Coach is also the author of The Confidence Coach book.
Why not check out her Life Coaching Testimonials?
Contact Lisa today for a no obligation chat about how she can help you.