New Ways to Celebrate Valentines Dayamzcoaching
Looking for a new way to Celebrate Valentines Day?
Award winning Northamptonshire Confidence Coach and Life Coach Lisa Phillips was recently asked to share her expertise for Unilad UK for an article on ‘ How to Celebrate Valentines Day without actually celebrating it‘
What is Unilad UK?
Unilad UK is the top Facebook page and online video channel in the world. In 2016, the page had 17 million followers with 2.7 billion monthly video views.
Written by Journalist Lucy Connolly, the Unilad UK article shared tips from several relationship experts.
In the article, the award winning Confidence expert shared her expertise on how to spread a bit more love on Valentines Day. This included stepping away from the usual flowers and chocolates, and doing something a little different with your loved one to connect on a deeper level. Please see here to read the full article.
Tips from Life Coach Lisa Phillips
‘We all like a bit of routine but we need to balance this with something different as well or we will just get bored and take each other for granted. It’s important to balance our needs – some routine and some adventure!
Doing something new, having some fun, doing a new activity together can break up the mundane ‘ business as usual’ that can happen in a relationship. It helps us focus on why we chose our partner in the first place and appreciate what we like about them. Also, we all like to feel special and appreciated – so why not make a little bit of effort to do this for your partner?
Even a few words of appreciation each night can help each other remember why you are together in the first place. It also helps you focus on the things you like – rather than the things you may find annoying about your partner, particularly if you have been together for a long time! One of the most regular complaints I get from partners is that they don’t feel special any more…..so a little effort goes a long way.
Lisa’s Tips for a New Way to Celebrate Valentines Day included:
1. Aim for fun! When you first dated, you probably spent time doing fun things, laughing and just enjoying each other’s company. Its easy to forgot to play as you become a more established couple. Why not spend Valentine day connecting with the child inside you both? Go to the Zoo, have a picnic on your bedroom floor, go ice skating, a dance class – anything that brings out the child inside of you.
2. Appreciate each other. Why not write a list of what you appreciate about your partner and share your list with them? Do it naked for more of an impact!
3. Write each other a love letter -its easy to take each other for granted so remind your partner of all the things you love about them.
4. Get a massage together.
5. Make a handmade voucher book for your partner. Fill it with treats for each year. E.g This voucher entitles you to a massage, great sex, or even a night off cooking!
6. Do something meaningful together that makes you appreciate your own life. Volunteer at a homeless shelter, animal home and spread some love to others as well as yourself on V day.
Who is Lisa Phillips?
Previously based in Sydney, Australia, Lisa Phillips is an award winning Confidence Coach and Life Coach based in Northamptonshire. Lisa has over 20 years experience and coaches clients all over the world via Skype and phone. Lisa is also the author of ‘ The Confidence Coach’ book. For more information, please see www.amazingcoaching.co.uk. To book Lisa to speak at your event, please see www.howtoempoweryourstaff.co.uk.