Christmas is almost upon us! Although Covid 19 may have dampened Christmas and New Year plans, you may still be feeling a little of that traditional festive stress.
In todays Amazing Coaching newsletter, I share 5 Tips for reduce that festive stress. Remember, stress is upstream and if you really cared about how you feel – would you let stress overcome you or would you learn to manage your stress more effectively?
5 Tips to Reduce Festive Stress
- Let go of ‘ wishing things were different’. The fact is, we are all experiencing a slightly different Christmas this year due to the pandemic. However, focussing on ‘ what could have been‘ will only make you feel upstream and sad. Make the most of this different Christmas! It may not be what you wanted but there is no real reason why you can’t enjoy it. It is what it is!
- Be more assertive and say ‘No. ‘ You don’t need to say yes to every request made of you over the festive period. Saying No is often needed in order to take care of your own wellbeing and happiness. Remember saying No to others is about saying Yes to yourself and it may be just what you need avoid that festive stress. Remember to prioritize your own feelings, not just everybody else’s!
- Give up the need to be perfect – If things go wrong, then learn to laugh about it. Don’t sulk or get angry. Just let it go and focus on having fun. We are human and in life, things will take an unexpected turn. Build your inner resilience and go with the flow.
- Let everyone be themselves. – We are all unique and different so it is ok if your family all want to fall asleep after the Queen’s speech. Let everyone be themselves even if it doesn’t fit with what you want others to do. Try not to sweat the small stuff and keep your canoe flowing downstream!
- Practice Kindness to others and yourself. Why not pop an extra gift into the local food bank or make a gift to charity instead of sending out cards? Also, be kind to yourself and your budget by not overspending!
Who is Lisa Phillips?
Lisa works in the Peterborough, Oxfordshire, Leicestershire and Northamptonshire areas and offers online Life Coaching sessions worldwide. She also offers a wider range of Life Coaching masterclasses and online Life Coaching courses.
Why not contact Lisa today for a no-obligation chat?