Rules for being human
We all need a little reassurance sometimes! As human beings we really are our own worst enemies. We beat ourselves up endlessly and pick away at our self esteem and Confidence.
I am not sure when I first came across these tips on ‘ Rules for Being Human’ but I thought I would share them with you today. How do you feel about these ideas?
* You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it’s the only thing you are sure to keep for the rest of your life.
* You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time, informal school called “life on planet earth”. Every person or incident is the Universal Teacher.
* There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of experimentation. “Failure” is as much a part of the process as “success”.
* A lesson is repeated until it is learned. It is presented to you in various forms until you learn it: then you can go on to the next lesson.
* If you don’t learn lessons, they get harder. External problems are a precise reflection of your internal state. When you clear inner obstructions, your outside world changes. Pain is how the universe gets your attention.
* You will know you’ve learned a lesson when your actions change. Wisdom is practice. A little of something is better than a lot of nothing.
* “There” is no better than “here”. When your “there” becomes “here” you will simply obtain another “there” that again looks better than “here”.
* Others are only mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another unless it reflects something you love or hate in yourself.
* Your life is up to you. Life provides the canvas; you do the painting. Take charge of your life, or someone else will.
* You always get what you want. Your subconscious rightfully determines what energies, experiences, and people you attract. Therefore, the only foolproof way to know what you want, is to see what you have. There are no victims, only students.
* There is no right or wrong, but there are consequences. Moralising doesn’t help. Judgements only hold the patterns in place. Just do your best.
* Your answers lie inside you. Children need guidance from others; as we mature, we trust our hearts, where the Laws of the Spirit are written. You know more than you have heard, or read or have been told. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.
* Be Careful what you put into your subconscious, it cannot tell right from wrong.
Award winning Life Coach and Confidence expert Lisa Phillips is now based in Northamptonshire but works with clients around the world helping them increase their self esteem and inner confidence. Lisa is also the author of The Confidence Coach book. For more information, please see www.amazingcoaching.co.uk or www.howtoempoweryourstaff.co.uk. Lisa is also a popular and inspirational wellness speaker.