Relationships can bring out the best or the worst in us! In todays blog, I would like to share with you my 10 Tips to boost relationship confidence:
- Believe in your own value. If you don’t value yourself, you will attract people into your life who also do not value you!
- Never accept consistent criticism or negative behaviour from your loved ones or partner.
- Be authentic. If you consistently wear a mask in relationships, you will attract unavailable partners.
- Be yourself and develop your own interests out of a relationship. Time spent with other people and honouring your own happiness preferences is healthy.
- If you are in a new relationship., don’t move too quickly. What can feel like ‘ true love’ at the beginning of a relationship, may actually be trauma bonding.
- Take the time to get to know someone before you determine if you are compatible
- Speak up clearly in your relationship – you can’t blame your partner for something if they don’t know about it. ( Your partner cannot read your mind nor do they have a crystal ball)
- If you find yourself in an intimate relationship that is a struggle or makes you unhappy, be honest with yourself. Do you need to have a courageous conversation? Do you need to listen and honour your own needs? Do you need to remove yourself from the relationship? Remember it is an act of self care to look after your own feelings regardless of your relationship status.
- Don’t make your partner responsible for your happiness. This can be a sign of co-dependency and may lead to feelings of resentment and frustration. You alone are responsible for your happiness, so make wise choices that serve your own wellbeing and happiness
- Don’t settle for second best. Love yourself enough to walk away from any relationship that sends you upstream!
Note – the above ‘Tips to boost relationship confidence’ list was extracted from ‘ The Confidence Coach’ book ( Exile Publishing 2015) written by Lisa Phillips.
Lisa Phillips – Leading Life Coach, Speaker and Author.
Lisa assists people all around the world to increase their confidence and self esteem. Please contact Lisa today for a no-obligation chat.